Join us. We're hiring.
Marketing & Events Coordinator
The Marketing and Events Coordinator is responsible for building and executing programs and materials that support advertising sales across all divisions of the company, as well as activities that create and maintain corporate objectives and image.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Marketing and Events Coordinator will:
• Develop and implement marketing programs to increase ad sales tied to content initiatives
on all platforms.
• Develop and implement marketing and business strategies that increase product awareness and build an effective competitive position within the business community.
• Build strategies to develop the consumer audience for newspaper, radio, magazines, websites and events.
• Attend programing and sales meetings to communicate departmental priorities, understand
interdepartmental initiatives, and build effective strategies to exeucte projects and programs.
• Lead the project management of brand events, working closely with the commercial team where required. This will include liaising with Sponsors, Vendors and Internal Stakeholders.
• Create media profiles for Radio Announcers, Editors and other front-facing team members of Compass Media to promote their profile and image.
• Apply expertise and insight to contribute to new product ideas and development.
• Interface with external clients to execute programs and manage relationships.
• Support the Head of Sales and Sales Team with materials such as acquisition packages, contests and incentives to build morale and support business growth.
• Prepare and contribute to the social media strategy for the company.
• Manage all projects from inception to successful completion.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales and marketing.
• Must have a specific understanding of accounts management of multinational clients.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• The successful candidate must be proficient in grammar, syntax, and the professional use of the English Language.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
• Strong attention to details.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Excellent presentation and supervisory skills.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• A desire to work in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment.
• Clean Police Record including driver’s license and use of own vehicle.
SALARY: CI $55,000 – $65,000 per annum, plus performance bonus and statutory benefits.
Applicants should email their cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 29th September 2023.
Only applications received to this email will be accepted.
This is not a work permit renewal, and all qualified applicants are welcome!
Digital News Reporter, Cayman Compass
Compass Media is Cayman’s leading provider of news – online, in print, on radio and on social media.
We are looking for multi-platform, creative journalists who excel at driving the news agenda and breaking news to join our team, to play a prominent role in making thought-provoking and game-changing content across our output.
As a digital news reporter for the Cayman Compass, you will be the backbone of our news operation.
Are you versatile, passionate, tenacious, insightful, resilient, and creative? Then we want to hear from you.
The role offers the opportunity to break news, delve into data and to cover Cayman’s position on the regional and international stage.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a reporter, with a proven track record (please submit two samples with your application) of insightful and compelling work.
- You will be required to pitch and find stories and suggest creative treatments online and in print, thinking about story-telling from an audio, digital or visual perspective – you will understand what our audience needs and wants to read.
- You must be quick, accurate, reliable, clear, ethical and dynamic and able to cover any subject, from the cost-of-living crisis to tourism, helping us celebrate the unique people and environment we’re blessed to enjoy in the Cayman Islands.
- You will enjoy interviewing everyone from all walks of life and know how to source and clear content produced on social media.
- You will think digital first and consume news from a variety of sources.
- You will write and edit well, distilling complex stories into clear and intelligible copy, including optimising headlines for SEO.
- You will be able to write to entertain us with features, or deliver a clear, eight-par lede, or distil complex data stories, or add colour into to a live blog.
- You will forge sources and deliver scoops, shaping the national conversation or spot a topline or the news buried in a press release.
- You will have a demonstrable knowledge of media law.
- You will use data and audience metrics to inform story pitches and will follow the development of trends in online journalism.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Native or fluent English-speakers only.
- Postgraduate or professionally-accredited journalism qualification or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with WordPress and knowledge of the Cayman Islands are desirable skills but not essential.
- Knowledge of legal, financial services or local political scene preferable.
- Ability to integrate reporting with radio, video products where appropriate.
Irregular hours, including weekend (rota) work will be required, as will working to tight deadlines.
Please submit CV with cover letter to [email protected].